Is trust something you share or hoard (like loo rolls in March 2020)?
“Trust should be granted not earned”. In other words, trust people until they stuff up and then help them learn from their mistakes, trust them to have another go and so on unless they stuff up so badly you are convinced, they can’t be trusted.
- Trust is fundamental to remote work and remote leadership.
- The biggest barrier to trust is the leader’s willingness to grant trust.
- Basic trust is based our comfort level that someone will do what we expect (predictability).
- Good context and boundary setting are fundamental to the leader’s comfort level in letting go.
- Deep Trust grounded in shared values is hard to build without interpersonal contact but can be enhanced by regular task focussed interactions – especially if they are around responding to challenges together.