Recognition Group is committed to protecting your privacy. It is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Set out below is information that Recognition Group is required to communicate to clients. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference. This information does not restrict Recognition Group’s rights under the Privacy Act in any way.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by Recognition Group may include your name, address, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, occupation and other information.
Recognition Group collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone, email or when you submit; information to us through our website (e.g. by registering, completing a form, email or other ways)
- from third parties such as your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”
- when legally required to do so.
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity
- provide the services you require
- administer and manage those services
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- research and develop our services
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
All information we collect is stored privately on a secure system.
In order to deliver the services you require and for the purposes set out above, Recognition Group may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Recognition Group. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Recognition Group and related companies providing services to you. Recognition Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so)
- your employer (when requested by you to do so) or
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Recognition Group assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
Recognition Group takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
It is recommended that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
- by contacting us (see “contact us” above).
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Tel: 61 417963912 or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.